Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Of Blogging

Blogging is something that has always been enjoyable to me. It started out as a fad, mainly because I read a few real good blogs and realized that one did not have to be a professional to be able to blog. It is even ok if no one every visits your blog or reads your post – as long as recording your experiences, thoughts, emotions or anything you felt strongly about gave you some satisfaction or even pleasure, you can do it.

Over time, with a few stops and starts thrown in, I was blogging occasionally and often enough to give me the confidence to believe in myself and know that it was a good idea to “pen” my thoughts down. It also opened to me a world of wonder in the guise of the awesome blogs I was fortunate enough to come across, comment on and get to know the real people behind the lovely words and thoughts. Inadvertently, some of these wonderful people returned the visit and were kind enough to comment on my posts with their honest feedback. Blogging was a fulfilling activity and took care of my desire to be creative, of my need to be able to voice my thoughts even if I did not have an audience for the same.

Over time though, the cycle of life as we call it keeps making its presence felt. Lesser and even lesser time to myself cuts down on many of the activities I am fond of indulging in. My blog has been sadly neglected so much so that the first only piece of fiction I started out writing has still not been completed. :-)

On the flip side are the precious hours I get to spend with S and little S which make it all worth it. Life has a lot more to offer now and I’m trying to make the most of it.

Having said that, why am I writing all this then? Maybe because the absence of blogging pinches me. I still visit some of my most favourite blogs and to see how prolific their authors are in spite of leading busy lives serves to remind me that it isn’t an impossible task. And if I really feel like it, I can definitely make time for it. All those new experiences I mentioned above are waiting to be put down and captured for posterity to be read by me in the coming years. A little push should do the trick. Maybe that’s my reason for writing this – that little push.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Definately looking forward to more of your blogs...I reached 2012 pretty quickly since they were really interesting reads...Pls do complete 'The Circle'. Eagerly awaiting it.