Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Here I am!

Over the past two years, I have been hearing more and more about the phenomenon of "Blogging". Being a person who likes to read anything that is remotely interesting, I used to see a "blog" as a just another source for good reading material but with a major difference – most blogs have the essential element of reality attached to them which makes for infinitesimally better quality of reading.

But since then, I have realized that a blog is not just a good read. They contain the deepest feelings and emotions of the people who write in them. This makes “blogging” a parallel world all on its own. To top this, other people comment on blog entries with words of advice, encouragement and, at times, even criticism. Anything that has so much of effort, so many emotions thrown in from so many different individuals cannot exist without an identity of its own that is closely allied with its creator – a kind of alter ego.

Wanting to be a small part of this world, I have ventured into Blog space – a place where I can capture my experiences and memories at my own leisure. I have been unsuccessful in maintaining a diary of my own even after having started a diary about 3 times since school days. But being a technophyte myself (I am much more comfortable using a computer for anything), I see a ray of light this time.

So here I begin my foray into the world of “Blogging”!

“Tentative though my first steps may be, I feel just as exhilarated as I do when taking a walk by the sea.”

No comments: